DATE & TIME: Wednesday, 15. February 2017 — 12.30 to 14.30
LOCATION: Mensa Unitobler, Länggassstrasse / Lerchenweg 49, 3012 Bern
What’s happening there?
- Vanessa Hannesschläger, researcher at the Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities, will give a short introduction to the 500 Women Scientists movement
- Anne Baillot, managing editor of the Journal of the TEI and involved in the organisation of the March for Science Berlin, will share her experiences as a woman in science
- Elisabeth Burr, President of EADH and member of ADHO and DHd executive board, will share her thoughts on the topic
- You will have plenty of time to meet other women scientists, connect, share ideas and network (and, of course, eat 🙂 )
What’s in it for you?
At this meeting, you will have the possibility to
- Broaden your support network and meet new collaborators;
- Connect with like-minded women scientists;
- Share insights, ideas, concerns, and discuss how to contribute;
- Strengthen and expand the 500 Women Scientists network.
THE MISSION OF 500 WOMEN SCIENTISTS IS TO PROMOTE A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY THAT BRINGS PROGRESSIVE SCIENCE-BASED SOLUTIONS TO LOCAL AND GLOBAL CHALLENGES.
TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION WE:
- Empower women to grow to their full potential in science;
- Increase scientific literacy through public engagement;
- Advocate for science and equality.